What We Believe
1. We believe that there is one God, the Creator, Preserver and Governor of the Universe; the same yesterday, today and forever; infinite in love, holiness, justice, mercy, truth, wisdom and power.
Ephesians 4:5-6 "...one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all."
2. We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are given by inspiration of God, and that they contain the only perfect rule of faith and practice. - This is the value of the Word of God.
II Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
3. We believe that according to the Scriptures, there are three Persons in the Godhead; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; and that these three are one God, the same in substance, equal in power and glory. - This is called The Trinity.
Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit."
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, honest and upright; that he fell from that state by transgressing the Divine Law, and that in consequence of the original sin, the heart of man in his natural state is destitute of holiness and inclined to evil; and that all men, previous to regeneration are dead in trespasses and sins. - This is from the sin in the garden.
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus, our Lord".
5. We believe in Jesus Christ the only Redeemer, who by His sufferings and death made atonement for sin; who became man, died on the cross, was received up into glory, and ever lives to make intercession for transgressors. - This makes Christ our Savior.
Philippians 2:8-11 "And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
6. We believe that without a change of heart by the special agency of the Holy Spirit, no one becomes heir of eternal life, that this Divine influence is entirely consistent with the freedom of man, and is in fact the greatest encouragement of the sinner to repent and turn to God. - This is the value of the free will.
John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
7. We believe that all true disciples are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation. - This is the assurance of our eternal security.
I Peter 1:5 "who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."
8. We believe that faith without works is dead, and that true disciples of Jesus Christ, looking to Him as their example, will strive to obey the two great commandments. - This is the evidence of our salvation.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the dead; and that God has appointed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Lord Jesus Christ, when those still impenitent "shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." - This is the final judgment.
Matthew 25:46 "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
10. Moreover, We believe that in this world the Lord Jesus Christ has a visible church, with which it is the duty of all Christians to unite; that its special ordinances are Baptism and the Lord's Supper; that those members of the Body of Christ, by a living faith, have a right to partake of the Lord's Supper, and that believers are proper subjects for the ordinance of Baptism.
Eph 1:22-23 "And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."
I John 5:4 "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith."